Signal lights

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #9071
      AvatarAlphonso Thames

      Watched some of your video’s on signal lighting, what is a franel lens?

    • #9072
      John CJohn C
      Galco Representative

      Hello Alphonso, very good question, wondered this myself when I first heard the term.
      A “Fresnel Lens” (pronounced frey-nel, S is silent) is named after a French Physicist Augustin Jean Fresnel who developed a special lens for use in Light-Houses back in the 1800’s. His design captured light and focused it in such a way so it could be seen at much greater distances. His lens was also much thinner and lighter than others of the day. So lens that captures light for long distance in 1 direction are called a Fresnel lens.
      This help

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.