ABB ACS800 2330 & 2340 faults

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Isaac 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Jeanine Varela
    Participant

the drive is faulting 2 times 2330 and 2340 what to fix it?

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Hello Jeanine,
    The 2330 fault is a Ground fault on the output of the drive.
    The 2340 fault is a short circuit in the inverter section of the drive, also the output.
    Try disconnecting the motor and see if the drive will run at all, ok?

Jeanine Varela
    Participant

ok

ramesh mc
      Participant

Motor terminal removed also vfd showing same fault

John C
      John C
      Galco Representative

Hello ramesh, and thanks for asking Galco. The motor Thermal Switch/sensor should not affect these 2 faults due to the fact that they are not part of the motor’s power wiring. The motor thermal connects into the low voltage control circuit. A 2330 fault is Current Unbalance/Earth fault or Ground fault. The 2340 is a “SC” Short Circuit in the Inverter (output section of the VFD). 2310 Overcurrent fault is another fault you might get with problems in the motor. So you might get a 2310 or 2340 with a phase to phase short, and 2330 with a short to ground. Which fault is your drive showing?

Jeanine Varela
    Participant

Ok John the drive runs fine without the motor, so what next

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Alright that’s good news sort of.
    Ok next you want ot see if is the motor cables or the motor itself. Get an insulation tester or a Megohmeter (MEGGER) and measure the motor lines while still connected to the motor and see if you get low readings. FYI > 10megohms is not good for these drives, you want at least 100megohms to ground. If you get low readings then disconnect the motor leads at the motor junction box and measure the motor itself.

Jeanine Varela
    Participant

Thanks for your help John. It was the motor leads. After we disconnected the leads from the motor, the motor tested good. Then we traced out the those lines under the machine (which was a messy drag) and found a heavy old work piece of steel that had worn thru the cables and shorted them out.

freddy stokes
    Participant

Hi John,
    I have the 2330 fault code
    I have followed all your steps above,
    And the drive will run without the motor connected, however the drive then trips on motor phase,
    It is on a slave drive,

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Ok perfect. Sounds like something is going on with the motor or the motor leads. Disconnect the motor leads from the drive terminals and Megger the motor to ground. The drive likes 100 megg-ohms or higher @ 1000 volts. Having said that, the drive may run a motor with lower readings, but at some point it start to trip as motor resistance to ground reduces. If you get low readings at the drive lead end, then separate motor leads at the motor junction box to test the motor leads and motor itself separately. NEVER! Megger the motor terminals of the drive it will give false readings and you will risk damaging the output section of the drive with or without the motor connected. You must disconnect the motor from the drive first, ok? Let us know what you find.

Isaac
    Participant

Morning, I have the same problem except that the motor only runs low tonnages. I have followed all the steps you mentioned above. As soon as I increase load to more than 2000tons per hour on the conveyor the drive trips with fault code 2330.
    May you please help?

Isaac

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.