Safety repairs

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bob Cummins 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Bob Cummins
    Participant

Hi, I just found this web site and wanted to know what kind of repairs you do on safety equipment?
    Bob

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Hi Bob, Galco repairs thousands of different kinds of Industrial Automation equipment.
    To answer your question I had to look it up and found 1000 matches to “Safety Repair.” Brands like Honeywell, Fireye and Eagle-Signal to name a few, 54 different brands popped up just under safety.
    Each and every item repaired here at Galco is first evaluated, then quoted, and once approved it is cleaned and repaired.
    Hope this helps
    Regards
    John

Bob Cummins
    Participant

Thanks John, I’m not real computer savvy, do you guys do Dolan-Jenner brand, if so how do you prove operation?

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Great question Bob, yes we do the Dolan-Jenner brand of transmitters, receivers and controllers.
    To verify operation, we set them up and function test each item best we can. However to completely replicate anybodies application is something impossible to do. To be honest, we just do the best we can and then provide and 18 month warranty. Light curtains are fairly basic and easy to test compared to some of the motion control equipment we do here.
    By the way, what series of Dolan-Jenner do you have?

Bob Cummins
    Participant

We have the SafeScan 4 series light curtains on 4 of our machines and the 7 series on the rest of them.
    What do you mean by motion control equipment?

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Ok well motion control are things like Servo and Spindle drives. This type of equipment is usually built vary versatile and can be programmed to run literally thousands of different types of machinery in a vast Horse power range. We sell brands of drives that can range up to 2200HP @ 460 volt, and other brands that only go to 10HP. The number of applications that can be accommodated with these things is mind blowing. Then there is the world of PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers) which are effectively the brains of an operation on a machine. Many different brands and models in each brand also made for virtually any application. These controllers don’t necessarily control motion directly but will be interfaced to the drives that do.
    Better?

Bob Cummins
    Participant

Yes and thank you John for all your help.
    1 last question though.
    What is the best way to get in touch with you for service?

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Just give us a call at 800-521-1615 and ask for service, and tell them I sent you.
    Regards
    John

Bob Cummins
    Participant

Ok thanks will do

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.