Rheostat for V1000 speed control

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by John C John C 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Edmund Fields
    Participant

I’m trying to understand can a rheostat be used to control the speed output of a VFD. We have the VFD up and running but the client is not comfortable with adjusting the fans speed thru the face plates up and down menu. I swear I saw the term rheostat on the YASKAWA site somewhere. Then my crazy brain started wondering why a standard rotary style lighting dimmer could not be used. its a rheostat is it not? and to get to my bigger question, if not can someone please tell me the part number of a variable control I can connect to the YASKAWA V1000.

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

To answer your question, Lighting Dimmers are actually not just a rheostat. They will usually consist of a pot connected to a Triac firing circuit to control the voltage output to your lamps being dimmed. Definitely will not work on the speed command input of the V1000, ok?

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Edmund, I just got a link from 1 of our product managers for you; http://www.galco.com/shop/Potentiometer-Operators-Potentiometers this will give lots of options for speed pots with or without knobs, single turn and multi turn as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.