Relay

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by John C John C 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Elizabeth Patel
    Participant

This may seem like a stupid question, but what is a relay? We are developing a robotic circuit in my electronics class and I am not 100% sure how they work.

Erik I.
    Erik I.
    Galco Representative

Hi Elizabeth, great question! Relays are commonly found in many electronic applications. They are useful because they allow a small amount of power to switch a larger amount of power. Electromechanical relays perform this function by using a coil and mechanical contacts.
    To activate a relay, current is applied to the coil – energizing it, creating a magnetic field which pulls in the contacts and either closes the circuit for NO (normally open) contacts or opens the circuit for NC (normally closed) contacts.

xcbitbssdenby
    Participant

hi, I would like to have control of 6-10kv relay using arduino. is there any product to recommend?

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Hello xc, we do not have any medium voltage items to do this kind of thing, (medium voltage range, 601 to 69,000volts). If you know the control circuit voltage we may be able to help you though?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.