Red Lion G3 HMI

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by John C John C 8 months ago.

• Author

Rob Mctall
    Participant

Hi I was looking at your G3 HMI and didn’t see the types of communication listed in the Specifications section.
    What can you tell me about the types of comm it has?

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Sure Rob it was listed in the Overview section but I will be happy to help you with that. It can communicate with over 300 different protocols, G3 HMIs are among the most powerful HMI communication platforms available today. They can manage vendor‑specific applications and provide the ability to network‑enable existing equipment. Select the PLCs, drives, motion controllers or PID controllers that work best with your application, and you can control them all from this G3 HMI.
    Cool?

Rob Mctall
    Participant

Wow this thing sounds extremely versatile but what kind of connections does it have then?

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Well ok it has one 10/100Base‑T(X) Ethernet, two RS‑232 and one RS‑422/485 serial ports and support serial to Ethernet conversion. Additional Ethernet, RS‑422/485 and USB Host ports are also available on specific models. A maximum of up to five high‑speed serial ports are available. CANopen, serial ports, DeviceNet, and Profibus communication cards can be installed after purchase to further expand the G3’s connectivity.
    Hope this helps

Rob Mctall
    Participant

Very good, so do I just call the number at top of the screen for sales?

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Yes or you can call on direct lines for a particular sales person if you have 1.
    Our general sales number 800-575-5562 if you like too.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.