Possible to charge a capacitor faster?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Joe L Joe L 1 year ago.

• Author

Fred Johnson
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to see if using a higher current in a flash circuit would make the cap charge faster and yield shorter wait times between flashes (for photography purposes) but I haven’t seen any data on a capacitors maximum input current.

Thanks for reading,
    Fred

Joe L
    Joe L
    Galco Representative

Hi Fred,

Personally, I do not know a whole lot about photography so I am not sure how to exactly answer your question, though I suspect that lowering the resistance while still keeping the ratings in mind may be a step in the right direction.

However, I must stress that it is VERY important to be EXTREMELY careful when messing around with capacitors! Improper handling of a capacitor can lead to a very painful shock, or even a potentially fatal outcome.

Perhaps some more photography-centric communities can assist you on this matter a little more directly in case no one else in the know happens to chime in here. I would hate to give you some bad advice that may damage your camera, so this is about all I can offer you at the moment. But please feel free to stick around here for other electronics questions that you may have. We would love to help. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.