Load reactors

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by John C John C 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

pawnee
    Participant

I need some help selecting a load reactor for a ABB VFD. 15hp,21amp,480v,no enclosure,3phase

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Excellent Pawnee, thanks for asking Galco.
    Well you always go by the amp rating of the motor not the drive. If 15HP, 21amp @ 480volt is the motor rating, then we suggest rated 380-480volts @ 22amps with a drive frequency range of 6Hz to 75Hz and Switching frequency range of 2KHz to 8KHz in a NEMA 1 enclosure, order the MTE brand SWGG0022D motor protection filter. If you would like further assistance selecting something then give us a call at 800-575-5562 and ask for a product manager. They will be able to offer more options and current pricing.

pawnee
    Participant

Thanks

pawnee
    Participant

Thanks but that one seems pretty high. The application is on irrigation well, and with the farm economy in the dumpster I will have a hard time selling that. I need something in the $200-$300 dollar range.

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Ok Pawnee, then check out our TCI brand filter, item number V1K21A00 this is more in your price range. However I recommend talking to a product manager for application details to confirm suitability, ok?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.