Christmas light string problems, help(?)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Joe L Joe L 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Roger Clemens
    Participant

Hey guys I hope it is appropriate to post this here, I am not sure but at least it fits the time of year lol.

Anyways I have a string of Christmas lights and for some reason one bulb won’t light up at all… I have tried putting other lights in the socket but they haven’t helped at all either.

Any ideas to fix this?? Thanks…

Joe L
    Joe L
    Galco Representative

Hey Roger!

We don’t necessarily deal in Christmas lights but I would be more than happy to brainstorm with you!

There can be a number of things that might cause Christmas lights to get messed up. There are so many different ones out there that are all made in so many different ways that there isn’t really a one size fits all approach, so to speak.

A few ideas:
    Some of them short the bulbs when the filament fails, which allows the other bulbs to still work but that socket no longer will.

It’s possible that the replacement bulbs you tried are not compatible?

The socket itself could just be bad (Are these lights new?). If they are older lights, some of the wiring could be damaged from being moved in and out of storage and coiled, etc.

It is also possible that heat from the lights may have damaged/warped the socket.

Thankfully, most Christmas Lights are pretty inexpensive in my experience, so you may be better off just buying some new ones instead of tinkering if it comes down to that.

Good luck!

Roger Clemens
    Participant

Hey yeah so these are some older lights, at least they are ones that I have used before for a few years now. I wanted to see if there was a way to try fixing them rather than having to throw them away and/or get new ones. Just chalk that one up to me being a cheapskate I guess, lol!!

Joe L
    Joe L
    Galco Representative

No problem at all! Let us know if you end up trying to do anything else to try to fix it, and post it here if you got a working fix! I am sure that others would appreciate the information. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.