Broken j type

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Joe L Joe L 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Shawn Wallace
    Participant

so I got a broken j type fuse that I am incapable of pulling out. Is there any special way to remove it? It’s the fuse with C shaped (or j shaped I guess) contacts

thanks

Joe L
    Joe L
    Galco Representative

Hey Shawn,

Have you tried using a fuse pulling tool? Galco sells some directly. In the interest of being unbiased, you may also be able to find them at your local automotive supply store.

Can you give any further details on your situation?

Joe L
    Joe L
    Galco Representative

Hi again Shawn, I have a few more ideas for you if you’re still having trouble.

There isn’t really any sort of “special” way to remove a fuse besides just pulling it straight out, though the type of fuse can sometimes make it more difficult than others. If you are still having trouble, you may wish to try using a flat blade screwdriver on at least one of the ends (if not both) to help pry it out.

Do the contacts have show any signs of an electrical flash, burn mark, or discoloration compared to other fuses in the area?

Depending on the source and extent of the damage, you may need a new fuse block entirely.

Shawn Wallace
    Participant

Hey sorry for replying so late, and thanks for replying so fast!

We solved the problem eventually. Apparently, there was a lock that a certain someone missed that held the fuse in place.

Again thank you so much for your concern that was so cool of you guys.

Joe L
    Joe L
    Galco Representative

Glad you were able to get it all figured out!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.