AC drive in an enclosure

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by John C John C 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Chris Sterling
    Participant

Hello, I am looking for an AC drive mounted in an enclosure with the following options:

ABB frequency drive
    mounted in metal panel with hinge door
    240v/3ph/60hz incoming power
    7 1/2 hp output
    main disconnect switch, door mounted
    3 pole main fuses for drive protection
    start push button
    stop push button
    “green” run pilot light
    “red” fault pilot light
    potentiometer, door mounted for speed control.

Erik I.
    Erik I.
    Galco Representative

Hi Chris,

We have a product called the Drive In A Box that has everything you need. The part number for the options you requested is: DIB7F5JC-A355-12DKNX-ACNXXX

Here is a link to our site with more details of this unit: DIB7F5JC-A355-12DKNX-ACNXXX

…or feel free to start from the beginning and “Build your own unit” by selecting any of the drive/accessory/option combinations you will need: Pre-Engineered-Drives

Best,
    Erik

Chris Sterling
    Participant

Perfect, Thank you!

Chad Upton
    Participant

Hello, I am looking for larger horse power because my machine uses a 250HP motor to drive it.
    What are available HP ranges?
    Chad

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Hello Chad, this is a very large HP application, let me see how fast I can get back to you with more information, ok?
    John

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

Ok Chad, the drive in a box only goes up to 30HP.
    However we have an engineering department that handles applications like this for large Horse power. I just talked to 1 of our product managers who informed me that we have several different brands of drives like Yaskawa, ABB, Eaton and others that build drives to over 1000HP. For something like this I will recommend that you contact either Randy Barbret at 248-336-4591 or Dave Anderson at 248-336-4409.
    Ok then?

Chad Upton
    Participant

Ok, very good John and thank you for the quick response today.
    Are Randy and Dave the engineers that build your drive systems?
    Do you have packages for 250HP applications?
    Chad

John C
    John C
    Galco Representative

No, Randy and Dave are both product managers, they’re primarily our tech support for callers. However they are the guys you would contact to setup an engineered system.
    As far as packages go, engineered systems are just that, custom made for each individual application we encounter. Most all applications of this Horse power range tend to have their uniqueness to them.
    I hope this helps you out, and thank you for using our forum for information.
    John

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.